2010 Session List
Verily, what lies below is a work of sincere fiction. Session times will change, session titles will morph, new sessions will come and existing ones will go. But this is the latest we know, and we invite your feedback and contributions.
To view sessions by time slot, check out the 2010 Agenda.
You are welcome to add a session, but make sure to place the link both here and on the 2010 Agenda.
- 1 Featured Projects and Organizations
- 2 Collaboration and Community
- 3 Nonprofit Web Development
- 4 Nonprofit CRM
- 5 Mobile, Wireless and Networking
- 6 Online Advocacy and Organizing
- 7 Data and Information Management
- 8 Free and Open Source Software for Nonprofits
- 9 Nonprofit Technology Workflow
- 10 Constructive Rants and Provocative Perspectives
- 11 Translation and Localization
- 12 Open Video
Featured Projects and Organizations
- Crisis Commons: A Distributed Technology Community for Disaster Response
- FreeGeek Chicago: Past, present, and future
- Indaba fieldwork platform: demo, design concepts and lessons learned
- OpenMRS: A Open Source Platform for Addressing Healthcare Technology needs across continents and cultures
- The Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Project
- Open Streetmap Learning Lab
- Building TechFinder 2.0
- What is up with EFF and how can you help?
- State-of-the-Art Documentation: Book Sprints and the FLOSSManuals
- Transparency and Communication in Online Fundraising
- The Present and Future of TOR in a Healthy Internet
Collaboration and Community
- Conceptualizing collaboration software: What do we actually "do" in there?
- Building a Purposeful Social Network
- Volunteer Hours and Drupal equals A Source of Incentive and Empowerment for Parks
- Fruitful Partnerships with Corporate Technology Partners
- What Does it Mean to be An "Ethical Consultant"?
- Using Technology to Advance Conference Learning and Interaction
- How Tech Can Help, or Hinder, Organizational Coalitions
- Technology/Media Service Corps - can paid volunteers help you?
Nonprofit Web Development
- Rack and microweb frameworks
- How We Designed and Built Fluxx
- Geo hacking
- Bridging Between Designers and Developers
- Problems and Opportunities in online donations
- What is New With Drupal.org?
- Advanced Drupal Development
- Using Ægir
- Wordpress For the Win!
- Tablechart: Anatomy of a jQuery plugin
- Email Templating: Disaster of the Century
- The State of Nonprofit CRM
- How databases can and should support mobilizing communities
- Introduction to Powerbase
- Salesforce.com For Nonprofits
- Salesforce.com For developers
- Introducing Project Fluxx
- Using CiviCRM to Manage a 20,000-participant event
- Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Non Profits
- CiviCRM 101
- CiviCRM 201
- CiviCRM and Drupal Integration Modules
- Extending CiviCRM Without Hacking the Core
- CiviCRM Project Roundtable
Mobile, Wireless and Networking
- What Ushahidi Has Learned in the Past Year
- Networking a Nonprofit in 2010
- What is Possible with Mobile in 2010?
- Mobile web apps and browser compliance
- Community Wireless Round Table: Where Are We Now?
- Bandwidth Management for Live Events
- Should I Make An Iphone App?
Online Advocacy and Organizing
- Why Local is the Next Big Thing in Online Advocacy
- Member-Sourcing Your Online Campaigns
- Using the Web to Mobilize 5000 Simultaneous Events Across the Globe
- Viral Coefficients: How can organizations maximize the number of donors who promote an organization's work?
- Micro-sites/campaign sites - Why you should use them
Data and Information Management
- Lessons from Sharing Across Silos
- OpenData - DatosAbiertos.org - Open Data in the developing world?
- Visualizing Network Data to Keep Corporations Accountable
- Sharing Knowledge at the Local Level
- Don't Get (Your Data) Caught!
- Donor Metadata -- What is The Most Important Information You Can Get About a Donor?
- Crowd-sourced Accountability
- Do We Need a Data Dictionary for Public Data Sets?
- Protecting Your Organizational Identity Online
- Getting our heads into the Clouds: solving problems to help more poor kids
Free and Open Source Software for Nonprofits
- What Can Free and Open Source Software Do for Nonprofits in 2010?
- Open Source CMS: Are We Done?
- Challenges in Formalizing an Open Source Community
- What the hell is Campsite and why do we need another CMS?
- Specialised software for specialised communities
- Running a radio station with Campcaster
- The Sustainability Movement: Enabling Your Community to Localize Your Platform
- Bridging Nonprofit Software Gaps: A Foundation Perspective
- Building an Open Source Platform to Teach Peacebuilding
Nonprofit Technology Workflow
- What We Learned from 500 Pro Bono Web Design Projects
- Pivotal Tracker Workshop - Agile Project Management & Writing Stories
- Fire Your Clients - How to train clients in to playing nice, or get rid of them
- Online Campaigning Workflow
- Managing Online Communications through Workflow Analysis
- Writing a Web Site Redesign RFP that Works
- Using Social Media to Build Your Base
- Tracking Where Your Organization and Your Issues are Discussed Online
- Managing Nonprofit Software Developers
Constructive Rants and Provocative Perspectives
- The Double Bottom Line is a Farce: Social Performance Management in Pro-Poor Organizations
- Oh, You Want to be a Profiteer *and* a Savior?
- Stop the Gabbing and Do Something
Translation and Localization
- 10 things translators won't tell you but you really need to know
- Is your audience multilingual and are you reaching them?
- Preparing an application for localisation
- Innovative ways to get your content translated into many languages