Python: All You Need to Know
PYTHON SESSION – ADVANCED
Start with python3
- Test drive
- Fabric: Lets you login to a server and run code
- For deployment of Django applications
Puppet sets up the server. Fabric is scripting. Python creates virtual environments.
Create an env:
conda env -n projname python=3.4
For OCR manipulation
- django documentations (e.g. django girls)
Python testing libraries are great.
Good testing libraries
- Pytest: Good for everything;”domain specific” helps you write and run you test
- Selenium: lets you drive the browser
- automates browsers.
- Scraping library called scrapy
- An open source and collaborative framework for extracting the data you need from websites. In a fast, simple, yet extensible way.
- Beautiful Soup (USE 4 or +)
- Beautiful Soup sits atop an HTML or XML parser, providing Pythonic idioms for iterating, searching, and modifying the parse tree
Diversity of python: Allows various communities to come together.
- server nerds
- data science
- topic modeling library
- (tangent: Watson from IBM: interesting api for devs on natural language processing e.g. speech to text, analytics, personality analyzer)
- scikit image:
- scikit-image is a collection of algorithms for image processing. It is available free of charge and free of restriction.
- ntltk: natural language toolkit
- NLTK is a leading platform for building Python programs to work with human language data.
- videos on youtube