Open Source Tools for Internal Collaboration
- People want to learn!
- Uses some proprietary software!
- Health data!
- Can't email health records
- Cant put it on drive! (No agreements with google)
- Bay Nature
- Google apps for everything.
- Internally we've been using
- Identified need
- Simple queriable db
- Collaborative editing
- File sharing
- Media artifacts
- Consistency of interface
- Shared authentication among component tools
- Introduction to owncloud a FLOSS WEBDav client.
- It offers syncing clients for Linux, Mac, Windows, Android and iOS
- It is extensible via 'apps.'
- Can pull in dropbox and google docs importing of files.
- Version 6 beta has webODT integration.
- Mention of a possible feature request... symlink/alias
- Presenting http://OWNCloud.org integration
- Presentation of Calendar tool.
- CalDAV based so syncs with most everything (unless you're, each user account has a calendar and users can create calendars.
- Integrates into OWNCloud
- Shares media assets with owncloud
- Media assets added to docuwiki ends up in
- Each wiki page, can be it's own etherPad!
- Shared credentials!
Also part of the toolkit
- Owncloud Tasks
- Ethercalc (Ethersheet?)
- Repo sharing
- Elgg/Lorea (federated social network, not bad for group discussions and assets sharing)
- Open Atrium (drupal module)