Alternative Cash/Artisanal Cash
- incentives used in games for rewarding.
- what is it good for?
- Blockchain is a distributed Ledger: authenticating
- open distributed ledger online that tracks transactions between parties (and verified). Secure encrypted distributed transactional 'database'
- i.e Voting: I affirm that I have signed that I vote for such and
- Different computers agreeing on one transaction taking place.
- Transaction: exchange of “value”. Creating a programmable language that code the contracts
- first use case of blockchain
- CMS of blockchain
How do I run a form and run it as a blockchain
Building in checks that review. Financial services like it: the system today is not innovative.
A blockchain is a database:
- property deeds complicated.
- They were rewriting them and stealing land.
- The system is now being blockchained
Mining applies to the context of crypto-currency: people were 'digging' for limited resources. (the computation cycles ). to have a reputation system that is not manipulatable ('gamable')
- longterm AI (malevolent) takeover
- inequity around the processors (51% + can takeover)
- centralization of authentication →
- techno optimisim
- commodification of everything
- removing all human-points
- commodification of electrons: clean energy, buying clean energy depending on proximity.
- Distributed autonomous organization:
- create set of rules for everyone
- interact with contracts
- Localization of currency
- Time banking: using time instead of money as unit of currency. An implementation of barter system. (a mutual credit style system)
- Currency that expires over time
- actual currency chopping: Quebec- Gaspesie