Aspiration events are first and foremost convened to strengthen the ties and social networks of technology practitioners in the nonprofit/nongovernmental sectors.
The #npdev session list is co-developed with participants, facilitators, and partners in the time leading up to and during the Festival. We strongly encourage you to join in the fun at this unique and interactive gathering!
The agenda is designed and facilitated using Aspiration's unique participatory model, in an environment where powerpoint slides are discouraged and dialogue and collaboration drive the learning.
Our philosophy centers around getting participants into small-group discussions where they can discuss topics they are passionate about and get answers to their questions and curiosities. Sessions at Aspirations have particular traits; we de-emphasize presentations and lecture, and instead focus on "break-out" sessions that are self-organized whenever possible .
Wednesday November 6
Around the World
Working Sessions I
- Building a Culture of Consent
- Open Projects
- Facilitating Productive Conversations
- Case Management
- Moving into Technical Leadership Roles
- Giving Away Your Skills
- Radical Networks
- Security First Conversations
- Supporting Young Folks
- Controlling Your Data
- Tech Needs for the Sector
- Negotiation and Narrative
Working Sessions II
- Data Stewardship
- Human Rights Security and Privacy
- Design Roundtable
- Security Practitioner Conversation
- Developer Operations
- Backdrop and the Open Source CMS Ecosystem
- Educating Youth on Tech in Costa Rica
- Index Funds and Why You Should Understand Them
- Principles of Collaboration Between Unlikely Allies
- Governance of Decentralized Communities
- Hacking State Government