State of Integration for Web Apps Today
Facilitated by Josh Crawford, Brattleboro Tech Collective
Josh will lead a wide-ranging discussion on how different developers are making use of XML feeds, JSON, OpenID, and other interoperability technologies. Microformat Design Patterns: how do you use them?
Raw (no formatting and typos)
- Introduce and talk about what people would like to talk about
- What are Microformats?
- What are the preferred formats?
- Whats the best way to use formats?
- Standardizing pieces of information for context in HTML
- For instance address markup in a standard format, or a calendar
- Used for both Machine and Human
- Embedded format
- XML is a well defined solution
- Encoourages more semantic content
- Taking in a list of senators
- Outputing data. Whats the best way?
- Thin layer
- Easy to produce and consume
- More structured
- Describe Ruby files
- Ruby uses it a lot
- Google uses for
- iCal, ICS, hCal
- How does your programming language use the format?
- Kayak created a priprietry format to save bandwidth.
- MEdical data schema: HL7
- In Africa, there is little to no bandwidth
- Though a custom application, Goole wants to aggregate
- XML has a lot of markup
- MEdical data
Web vs Fields Standards
- Gerneal Data vs Specific Data like Medical
- How to describe data?
- how to account for missing data?
- Political issues like war
- Structure Differences
Knowledge of Standards for Developers
- Realization of Standards
Roles of Standards