Salesforce for Non-profits
We will talk about the Nonprofit Starter Pack for Salesforce which provides a CRM solution delivered software-as-a-service (SaaS). Use Salesforce for donation management, constituent relationship management, volunteer mgmt and tracking email campaign effectiveness.
We will give a demo of Salesforce for nonprofits, and also show the Plone integration with Salesforce, that lets you capture information from your website visitors and store it in Salesforce.
Salesforce for Non-Profits
Using salesforce CRM for campaign, donor management and integrating with a Plone site
Non profit starter pack is offered by the salesforce foundation
- the starter pack is open source
- any non profit (501.c3) can get 10 user licenses donated for free
- additional seats available at a major discount (20% of normal cost?)
- the starter pack customizes the interface for managing donors, households etc
- ability to track donations as well set up recurring donations on a user defined schedule
- has all the functions of full enterprise addition, a set of customizations to features and functionality have been added specifically for non-profit use cases
Things you can do if you integrate Plone and salesforce
- integration allows the user to authenticate against their salesforce contact record and then can update fields in their contact record through the site (opt ins, update contact info etc.)
- Integrate download history into contact record so they become a part of their profile
- With paypal payment processing, plone can handle all the return values from paypal and then pass that info back into salesforce to update the contact record
- form built in plone can then be mapped to fields in salesforce through the admin (no code required)
- i.e. Volunteer inquiry to collect info on a form, and that will create a new object in salesforce (a lead or opportunity)
- Joomla has something similar (called "Jsalesforce"?)
- Allows field mapping between salesforce and Joomla but is limited to contact objects
- register, edit profile etc.
Techsoup put together a donor managment software report that is worth checking out
Plugins/connectors make lots of new things possible:
- Integration with google apps allows for email look up
- emails sent form your gmail to a contact will automatically be associated to that contact record
- address book synch etc.
- VerticalReponse also integrates with salesforce
- allows you to do your list building as a "campaign" in salesforce to build complex lists and then send through VR
- MailChimp also has a basic integration?
- EventBrite also has a salesforce connector
- 10 seats is limiting
- no support (but good community and forums)
- can be a tough learning curve, interface is not exactly common
- setting up, configuration customization is very powerful but can be very intimidating
The Pros: No real coding required All the benefits of of large corporate standard all the stuff we already said