RFPh: Request for Philanthropy
Facilitated by Matthew Fitzgerald
Foundations are kinda like clients. What if we saw them as agencies instead? The concept of an RFPh is a thought experiment to lift our heads up from grant applications and funding cycles to a bigger possibility for change.
- RFPh vision statemen
- what are the components of an RFPh?
- things we find frustrating that should be made invigorating
- reference philanthropy initiatives that are alligned/(somewhat) allied e.g. GEO
- no more spec work! we're not doing _____ anymore
- increaes general operating support
- patient, long-term funding
- How many fundations by invite only?
- Foundations that tell me being "..." know more about conditions on the ground than we do.
- Matt, Upwell, did youth philanthropy funding
- Rachel, entire funding agile "crazy funds"
- Foundations contantant in nature - look at the history and who is on previous boards
- Right wing funding infrastructure seams much more patient - long term -
- should be more experimential, risky, selling adventurous nonprofit efforts
- "trickle down" how much is actually getting down to the street to the "doers"
**RFP process that Gunner teaches