Introduction to WordPress 2015
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Revision as of 17:11, 19 November 2015 by Jucsanch (Created page with "== Initial questions: == * What are tutorial resources? * What are new tolls, next level? * What should we recommend for the future? * How to transition to WordPress from an e...")
- What are tutorial resources?
- What are new tolls, next level?
- What should we recommend for the future?
- How to transition to WordPress from an existing site?
Why use WordPress?
- Easier learning curve
- Wide ranging community
- Admin screen is intuitive for user back end
- Makers of Wordpress try to avoid site breaking when upgrades happen
- Plugins are exceptions and should be selected with caution
- Plugins code quality not hold to same standard
- Wordpress has automatic security updates
- WordPress does a lot of basic things very easily but complex customization gets exponentially more difficult
- Custom code is expensive, you have to maintain it
- From the developer end, we have to plan for site maintenance in the form of service contracts, this creates staffing problems
- There are $99 WordPress developer resources in Eastern Europe and India where wages are lower. How do we know the ethics of that Business?