Effective Social Media Engagement
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- What works, what are the challenges and how we should work forward?
- Definition of engagement: get people to act and have dialogue.
- Ideas on engagement strategies:
- Create event, target specialized audience and nurture with personalized emails (specifically with personal contacts)
- Larger scale: twitter boosts, optimizing
- Make social media more warm, personal, emotional, humanistic
- Tracking audiences into target them.
- Shift from content sharing to creating engagement/dialogue.
- How to use engagement to connect people with other people who have similar likes/objective/goals.
- Measuring audience
- Visuals/graphics/data gets more shares but minimizes engagement
- Posting the right questions?
- http://ajplus.net/: 30 second, captioned video
- Upworthy style
- ambassador program: people who publicize your org
- Closed Facebook alumni group
- The influences: 5 influential people from your community who will be leaders of your campaigns.
- Skim program: Closed Facebook group to share special content so they can then share.
- Slack: chat system, good replacement for list serves
- People respond to other people, share other peoples story
- Focus on end goal: vanity metrics, website hints, defining impact metrics.
- Thinking about partnerships, who can you work with that have same values & what public can use.
- SMS strategy: mobile comments, revolution messenger. Downside: expensive.
- What’s Up mobile groups.
- Meta Platform
- CVCRM: see engagement of your community
- Action Sprout: User analysis
- Having the right message to meet need of the community you are serving
Experimenting is important, personal connections, sms, nurturing with personal relationships, partnerships, taylor post to each platform,