Best Practices in Tech Capacity Building Trainings
facilitated by Beth Kanter and John Kenyon
Dividing into three categories - before, during and after
Burning questions in the different categories (see post-its)
Information gathering, logistics, etc. planning, time spent on data gathering...
- Surveys, or in real time at beginning of session.
- Learners experience and attitude.
- Prompts during session?
- Check-ins during delivery of training.
- Gathering via poll during webinar.
- Be prepared to branch based on poll.
- Baseline survey.
- Learning analytics.
- Making it fun - incorporate humor, what not to do, Games.
- Gallery walk.
- Visualization galley with quiz.
- Start with purpose, objectives, outcomes.
During and delivery
How to deal with difficult people
- The person who has been told to attend the training.
- If webinar, you can mute them, or knock them off line.
- Ask who else is interested in that question or issue? If no one, then can defer to later.
- Never get defensive.
- Create time by re-articulating the question. Parking lot.
Be prepared to skip slides. And/or abandon agenda.
- Reflective practice, within the hour, what was meant to happen, what did happen, what surprised me.
- Taking the easy path vs the most difficult.
- Written evaluation, or pop quiz type, what have you learned.
- Tweets plus storify.