Aspiration events are first and foremost convened to strengthen the ties and social networks of technology practitioners in the nonprofit/nongovernmental sectors.
The #npdev session list is co-developed with participants, facilitators, and partners in the time leading up to and during the Festival. We strongly encourage you to join in the fun at this unique and interactive gathering!
The agenda is designed and facilitated using Aspiration's unique participatory model, in an environment where powerpoint slides are discouraged and dialogue and collaboration drive the learning.
Our philosophy centers around getting participants into small-group discussions where they can discuss topics they are passionate about and get answers to their questions and curiosities. Sessions at Aspirations have particular traits; we de-emphasize presentations and lecture, and instead focus on "break-out" sessions that are self-organized whenever possible .
Wednesday November 14
One-on-one Walk and Talk
- Diversity and inclusion with youth in technology - Atikah
- Advocacy at scale: big data and infrastructure - David
- Open Architecture Collaborative - Garrett
- Open Referral - Greg
- Sula Batsu - María José
- Pursuance - Claire
- Movement infrastructure - Jaime
- Eastside LEADS - Pamela
- Reproductive justice: policy and community action - Jazmyn
- OpenNews - Erika
- Oversight: OpenStreetMap US - Jaye
- Datakind: Data 4...good? - Ada