Aspiration events are first and foremost convened to strengthen the ties and social networks of technology practitioners in the non-profit/non-governmental sectors.
The #npdev session list is co-developed with participants, facilitators, and partners in the time leading up to and during the Festival. We strongly encourage you to join in the fun at this unique and interactive gathering!
The agenda is designed and facilitated using Aspiration's unique participatory model, in an environment where powerpoint slides are discouraged and dialog and collaboration drive the learning.
Our philosophy centers around getting participants into small-group discussions where they can discuss topics they are passionate about and get answers to their questions and curiosities. Sessions at Aspirations have particular traits; we de-emphasize presentations and lecture, and instead focus on "break-out" sessions that are self-organized whenever possible .
Wednesday November 16
Agenda Mosh Pit
Wednesday Breakout Session I
- Social media and filter bubbles - Aman (Note Taker - David)
- How to successfully recover from large-scale doxxing or trolling - Adria (Note Taker - Ben)
- Trump Watch database - Pratap (Note Taker - George)
- Mapping threats over next four years - Rainey (Note Taker - Scott)
- Tools for engaging with congress - Max (Note Taker - Matt)
- Intersection between organizational goals and actions against Trump - Anya (Note Taker - Ajay)
- What does effective leadership look like? - Dirk (Note Taker - Nick)
- The revolution will not be optimized - Scott (Note Taker - Jay)
- Collaborative, secure, open source tools to help run your office - Lisa (Note Taker - Erick)
- Digital humanitarian response - Willow (Note Taker - Mike)
- Security tools - Jack (Note Taker - Andrew)
Wednesday Breakout Session II
Thursday, November 17
Thursday Breakout Session I