2008 Event Schedule
The following is the latest sessions schedule for the 2008 Nonprofit Software Development Summit. It is subject to change as sessions are added and facilitators optimize their time preferences.
We welcome participants to propose additional sessions or trainings, either by directly editing the wiki or contacting us at info[at]aspirationtech.org
9:00am Opening Circle
11:30am Lunch - Sit with folks you don't know!
- Where the Rubber Hits the Road: What makes technology effective?
- Android: First Impressions
- The Wonders of Git
- State of Integration for Web Apps Today
- CMS Data Mobility and Portability
- The State of Open Source eAdvocacy
- Open-Source Eco-Systems
- Learnings from Summers of Code
- Writing Open Source Facebook Apps
- When Do New Social Media and Political Activists Converge/Match?
- Project Management for Organizational Software Deployment
- Next -- Really, that’s Next? – Communicating Workflow
- Harsh Computing: Design and implementation considerations in software and hardware systems for remote and rural deployments
- Tor and Anonymous Communications
- Training: Introduction to CiviCRM
- Training: Customizing and Extending CiviCRM for Developers / Integrators
- Towards an Open Simulation Platform
- Managing Web Development Projects
- What is ethical consulting?
- Shared Security Protocols for CMS Communities
- Virtualization in Development Environments
- FLOSS Manuals Tools
- The State of Open Source CRM for Nonprofits
4:45pm Closing Circle
5:00pm Happy Hour @ Nearby Watering Hole
9:00am Opening Circle
- Risks and Opportunities of Cloud Computing
- Helping Non-Techies and Techies Collaborate to Make Great Software
- Designing RESTful API's
- Intro to SalsaScript (what it is, what it can do, & how you can be writing code today)
- Training: Intro to Ruby on Rails
- Training: Introduction to Drupal
- Training: Introduction to Joomla!
- Technology, Community and K12 Education
- San Francisco Community Colocation Project - SFCCP
- The OpenMRS story: A FOSS Medical Records System for Africa and Beyond
- Drupal for Joomlanauts and Joomla for Drupalistos
- Money Matters: How do we measure the value of great software?
- Managing Quality Through the Entire Development Life Cycle
- Managing a Major Open Source Release
- Best Practices for Plone Performance
- Training: CiviCRM for Administrators and Advanced Users
- Democracy or Shopocalypse?
12:15pm Lunch - Sit with folks you don't know!
- Mapping Mashups
- Unlocking the API potential of Google Apps
- Agile Process for Developing Web Apps and Working With Nonprofit Clients
- Custom Productivity Workflows with Chandler
- Training: Advanced Drupal Theming
- Open Source Business Models
- Reporting and Data Mining: Reconciling Disparate Data Sources
- Training: Intro to Plone
4:45pm Closing Circle
09:00am Opening Circle
- The New Salesforce.com Nonprofit Template
- Developing Open Source Software For Success
- The State of Open Geo Hacking
- Architectural Overview of NewsCloud's Social Media Toolkit
- Shared Authentication and OpenID
- Training: Drupal Security and Performance Tuning
- Building a Development Business Supporting Social Mission Organizations
- Managing Stakeholder Input
- Technology for Disabilities
- 20-minute Volunteering: Developing Mobile Apps for Impact
- Running a Tech Cooperative
- Beyond Widgets: Easy Ways for Organizations to Build Their Own Mini-Apps
- How to Run a Book Sprint
- SalsaScript & the Salsa API In-depth
- NPO SysAdmin Sewing Circle
- Training: Advanced Joomla!
- Python Web Development: State of the Snake
12:30pm Lunch - Sit with folks you don't know!
- The Power Vested in JQuery
- The Free Software Movement in Latin America
- User Experience Design and Testing
- Managing and Leveraging Political Data
- Carbon Footprint Tool for Hosting Providers -- we'll also discuss what we found looking into sustainable hosts (morning session on that topic deleted.
- OAuth - Integrating web services across sites
- Facilitating Translation - The Translator's Point of View
- Membership management with Plone and Salesforce
- Operational security and data privacy
- State of Identity & Potential use in nonprofit sector (OpenID, SAML, Claims based Identity/Informaton Cards, Open Social?)
- Building the Nonprofit Web Back-Office
- CMS Performance and Scalability
- How Developers and Designers Can Learn From Each Other
- Empowering Clients Through Consulting
- Local Legislation Tracking
- Tips for the aspiring Open Source Project
- Roles of Foundations in Open Source Software
- Training: Designing APIs in Ruby on Rails
- Training: Creating Smarter Interfaces with jQuery and Drupal
4:30pm Closing Circle
5:00pm Post-event Socializing TBD! [[Link title]]